Request More Information
Get Started Today!

News & Events

August 22, 2012 | 2:38 pm

Traffic Advisory

Posted: December 5, 2012

The ramp from Main Avenue to I-81 North is now closed until spring of 2014. 

Normally, PennDOT would avoid closing this area during the Christmas shopping season; however, this traffic switch is weather dependent, due to the painting of the lines and repaving of the ramp.  If the work is not done prior to the freezing temperatures of the winter season, the entire project will be placed on hold until spring.  Essentially, a three week delay on this end, causes a three month delay on the completion date.

This work is part of a two-year, $30 million project that will take place between Exit 188 (Dunmore/Throop) and Exit 194 (Clarks Summit) and will consist of the following:

  • Rehabilitation of a five-span steel bridge over the Lackawanna River;
  • Rehabilitation of a single-span steel bridge over Main Avenue;
  • Paving, drainage, guiderail and other safety improvements from Dunmore to Clarks Summit; and
  • Removing a portion of the rock slope to increase its distance from the highway just north of Exit 191B (Scranton Expressway).

The work is slated to finish in the fall of 2014.




To request further information on your program(s) of interest please click the button above to continue to our information request form.

Johnson College | 3427 N. Main Avenue | Scranton, PA 18508 | Visit Us
Toll Free: 1-800-2-WE-WORK (1-800-293-9675)
© 2018 Johnson College

Johnson College promotes a campus environment emphasizing the dignity and worth of all students, staff, and visitors that is free of discrimination. Johnson College does not discriminate against an individual’s age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class in admission, treatment, access to, or employment in its programs or activities. For questions or concerns regarding Title IX, please contact the Senior Director of Organizational Development. For questions or concerns regarding Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, please contact the Counselor/Manager of Disability Services.