Johnson Grads, Faculty,
and Industry Leaders
Get Started Today!

Pharmacy Tech

Interested in serving your community and helping others in need? Johnson College is excited to offer a Pharmacy Tech certificate. This includes a comprehensive introduction to the knowledge and skills pharmacy technicians need for successful practice. Do not delay, start down the path of becoming a Pharmacy Technician today.

Key areas of concentration include:

  • The role of the pharmacy technician in the pharmacy setting
  • An overview of medications used to treat specific body systems
  • A breakdown of the different classifications of drugs
  • A review of the basic sciences at the core of pharmacy practice

It also offers helpful PTCB examination review, as well as information on career opportunities for pharmacy technicians with advice on getting a job and advancing in the profession. The Pharmacy Tech course (CMA) is a 160 hours online and 16 hours clinical for 176 total course hours that prepares students for the Pharmacy Tech Certification Board exam. High school diploma or equivalent is required.

Learn more at or call 570-702-8979.


To request further information on your program(s) of interest please click the button above to continue to our information request form.

Johnson College | 3427 N. Main Avenue | Scranton, PA 18508 | Visit Us
Toll Free: 1-800-2-WE-WORK (1-800-293-9675)
© 2018 Johnson College

Johnson College promotes a campus environment emphasizing the dignity and worth of all students, staff, and visitors that is free of discrimination. Johnson College does not discriminate against an individual’s age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class in admission, treatment, access to, or employment in its programs or activities. For questions or concerns regarding Title IX, please contact the Senior Director of Organizational Development. For questions or concerns regarding Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, please contact the Counselor/Manager of Disability Services.