Request More Information
Get Started Today!

Frequently Asked Questions

I have attended more than one institution. Do I need to send transcripts from every school at which I have taken college level work?

Yes. When a student transfers course work from one institution to another, typically the grade does not transfer and a “T” grade is awarded indicating a course had been transferred. If a student is looking to obtain the same transfer credit for a particular course at Johnson College, the grade must be available for review.

I’d like to talk to someone at Johnson College about transferring. Is there a person(s) I can talk to?

Johnson College has developed a Transfer Resource Team compiled of members of our faculty and staff. These team members are here for guidance and assistance throughout your education at Johnson College. We can answer any questions you may have about the admissions, transfer, financial aid and student involvement processes. If for any reason the person you are speaking to doesn’t have the answer to your question(s), they will point you in the direction of the person who does. If you have any questions, please contact one of the Transfer Resource Team members.

Class Schedules
Updating Personal Information
Registrar’s Office 570-702-8990
Part Time Status (Financial Aid)
Jessica Farrell, Financial Aid Advisor
Recreation Sports
Clubs & Organizations
Nolan Renz, Coordinator of Student Conduct and Housing
Academic Issues
Andy Zwanch, Senior Director of Student Affairs

How will I know what classes will transfer to Johnson College?

Upon receipt of the official college transcripts, students will be notified via mail what classes will transfer into Johnson College within 10 business days.

Will Johnson College accept my military credit?

Students who have completed educational programs offered by branches of the American armed services may be granted academic credit for their coursework. Students should submit an official transcript of their coursework as part of the admissions process. Transcripts will be evaluated according to the guidelines stated by the American Council on Education ACE guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services in determining the credit value of learning acquired in military service. Upon review by the appropriate Department Chair and the Registrar’s Office, credit may awarded for appropriate learning acquired in military service at levels consistent with ACE Guide recommendations and /or those transcripted by the Community College of the Air Force when applicable to a service member’s program of study. Applicants who have served in the armed services must submit a certified copy of form DD-214, Report of Separation.

How do I get a copy of my Military Transcript?

The Joint Service Transcript (JST) can be accessed on the JST System at For information on how to request official JST transcript, go to CAC Card is required, but the student can use login name and password.

What is the maximum number of credits Johnson College will accept? How many classes will I need to take at Johnson College?

The College accepts a maximum of 30 credits from another institution. Of the remaining credits required for graduation, a minimum of 35 must be completed at Johnson College. Only courses completed with a grade of “C” or higher will be considered for transfer credit. (Credit requested under PLA format may require an equivalent grade of “B” or higher.)Radiologic Technology and Physical Therapist Assistant courses are not typically granted transfer credit. The Department Chair and Clinical Coordinator may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis. Only courses completed with a grade of C+ or better will be considered for transfer credit.

How do I transfer to Johnson College?

Students must complete all necessary steps for Admission, listed under Application Requirements. Then, have official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities sent directly to the Enrollment Office.

How do I get my FAFSA to go to Johnson College?

If the student has already completed their FAFSA for the academic year they will need to add Johnson College’s federal code (014734) to the FAFSA and hit the submit button. This change gives Johnson College the access to the FAFSA information to process financial aid at the college.If the student did not file a FAFSA they can do so by going to and filling out the free application for student aid.

Are there any clubs or organizations for transfer students?

We want all of our students to be involved at Johnson College in and out of the classroom so that students are fully connected to the College. Transfer students can be involved in any of our organizations. Specifically, we look for a transfer student to represent on Student Government Association and be employed through our Ambassador program.

Is there special housing for transfer students?

Due to our limited housing availability, we can’t offer that as special interest housing.  However, when we select roommate pairings, we take into consideration many things including your major, likes, and dislikes.

To request further information on your program(s) of interest please click the button above to continue to our information request form.

Johnson College | 3427 N. Main Avenue | Scranton, PA 18508 | Visit Us
Toll Free: 1-800-2-WE-WORK (1-800-293-9675)
© 2019 Johnson College

Johnson College promotes a campus environment emphasizing the dignity and worth of all students, staff, and visitors that is free of discrimination. Johnson College does not discriminate against an individual’s age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class in admission, treatment, access to, or employment in its programs or activities. For questions or concerns regarding Title IX, please contact the Senior Director of Organizational Development. For questions or concerns regarding Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, please contact the Counselor/Manager of Disability Services.