The newly renovated Johnson College Resource Center, located in the Moffatt Student Center, complements the curriculum of both the academic and technology areas. The collection offers students the resources necessary to research trade and technical issues that pertain to their fields of study. The Resource Center also offers the use of online computer services, course reserves, current textbooks, daily newspapers, wireless access, and black and white/color printing. Areas for traditional, relaxed, and group study are available. A private study room can also be reserved for students looking for a distraction-free work environment.
Destiny is Johnson College’s online catalog. Find books, CD ROMS, and DVD’s by author, title, or keyword searches.
On The Floor @ Dove
Streamline staff training with the most realistic, affordable and extensive digital training in the industry. Our growing collection of over 450 procedural shorts show treatment skills, emergency techniques, surgical procedures, laboratory practices, anesthesia and more. Discussion videos address HR solutions and client communications. All trainings are with real patients and hospital staff (AKA nothing is staged, previously recorded or acted out!) at DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital.
* LIRN Library and Information Resource Network (Available within D2L
The LIRN virtual library provides students with millions of peer-reviewed and full-text journal, magazine, newspaper articles, e-books, podcasts, audio, and video resources to support their academic studies from Gale Cengage, Proquest, EBSCO, Credo Reference, eLibrary, and more, covering topics for General Education, Business, and Medical programs.
A quick and easy link to often used Internet resources like Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Employment, Online Magazines, and many more.
SLACK Interactive Manual Muscle Testing and Goniometry
Manual Muscle Testing covers:
- Over 60 different movements covered demonstrating both dynamic and break testing
- Against gravity, gravity minimized, palpation and common substitutions demonstrated
- Muscles and innervations listed for each movement
- Proper examiner and patient positions discussed
- Muscle grading scales discussed
- Self-assessment quiz
- Over 50 different movements covered
- Fundamental concepts discussed including degrees of freedom, end feels capsular patterns and instrumentation
- General procedure for measurement demonstrated including alternate positions
- Notation and recording addressed
- Self-assessment quiz
Digital Commons Network
The Digital Commons Network provides scholarly resources in the fields of medical and health sciences, arts and humanities, life sciences, physical sciences and mathematics, education, engineering, and business.
Sources provided by the Department of Agriculture with materials relating to agriculture, animal science, and forestry.
Biomed Central is a Science, Technology and Medicine publisher of journals spanning biology, biomedicine, and medicine.
Energy Citations Database
Bibliographic records including citations to technical reports, conference papers, journal articles, books, dissertations, and patents for energy and energy-related scientific and technical information from the Department of Energy.
Public Library of Science
A nonprofit organization of scientists and physicians providing information in the areas of medicine, biology, genetics, pathogens, computational biology, and neglected tropical diseases.
Information literacy forms the basis for lifelong learning. It is common to all disciplines, to all learning environments, and to all levels of education. It enables learners to master content and extend their investigations, become more self-directed, and assume greater control over their own learning. An information literate individual is able to:
- Determine the extent of information needed
- Access the needed information effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate information and its sources critically
- Incorporate selected information into one’s knowledge base
- Use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- Understand the economic, legal, and social issues surrounding the use of information, and access and use information ethically and legally
“Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education.” Information Literacy Competency
Standards for Higher Education. American Library Association, n.d. Web. 17 Nov. 2015.
Library Instruction Services
Library Instruction for Classes
The Johnson College Library offers library instruction to help prepare students to become confident researchers and critical thinkers who contribute to thriving communities of practice through the lifelong cultivation of information literacy. We collaborate with faculty to provide customized, course-specific information literacy instruction to improve academic productivity and research skills.
You can schedule individual research appointments with the library. Please contact: