Johnson Grads, Faculty,
and Industry Leaders
Get Started Today!

FAFSA or FAFSA Renewal

In order to see if you qualify for Financial Aid, any new or prospective student must file a FAFSA by either completing the electronic version located on the internet or by completing a paper version. You may obtain a paper copy of the FAFSA at Johnson College’s Financial Aid Office, a high school guidance counselor’s office, or any college, university or public library. Once you have completed a paper application, mail it to the federal processor in the envelope attached to the form. Do not mail the application before January 1.

Student Aid Report (SAR)

If you filed a FAFSA in the previous academic year and provided a valid e-mail address, a renewal reminder will be sent to you from the Federal Processor. If you did not provide a valid e-mail address you will receive a reminder via regular mail at the permanent address provided on that application. This will remind you to either file your renewal on the web or complete the paper version of the renewal and return it to the US Department of Education. If you do not receive your renewal information by January 1, 2011, you should complete your FAFSA application via the web using your PIN number (and parent PIN number if you are considered to be a dependent student for financial aid purposes).

Within four to six weeks after you file the FAFSA, you should receive a SAR Information Acknowledgement communication from the Federal Processor. If you complete the FAFSA on the Web, you will receive this information by email much sooner. The SAR lists all the information you provided on the FAFSA. If you do not receive a SAR, call the Federal Processor at 1-800-433-3243.

Once you receive the SAR, review all the information to make sure it is accurate and complete. If your SAR contains comments you do not understand, you may contact our office for help. If you need to make corrections, the fastest way to make them is by submitting them yourself at FAFSA or you may write the corrections on the SAR, complete the required signatures and send it to the Federal Processors at Federal Student Aid Programs, PO Box 7020, Lawrence, KS 66044 -7020.

If submitting the corrections by the two previous means is unsuccessful, you can submit your SAR with the appropriate signatures to the Financial Aid Office and we will submit the corrections electronically. If you have difficulty while processing your corrections, you may contact the Federal Processor at 1-800-433-3243. Check the Information Release section of your SAR to be sure Johnson College school ID# 014734 is listed as a school to receive your information. If Johnson College is not listed, you may add Johnson by contacting the Department of Education at 1-800-433-3243. You will need to know the DRN (Data Release Number) located on the front of your SAR.


To request further information on your program(s) of interest please click the button above to continue to our information request form.

Johnson College | 3427 N. Main Avenue | Scranton, PA 18508
Toll Free: 1-800-2-WE-WORK (1-800-293-9675)
© 2016 Johnson College
Site Design & Development by BlackOut Design